Saturday 27 September 2008

A classic Saturday night in

This evening, I am alone - and it really feels alright. I've had quite a week.

I started work experience with a wonderful little PR company called Quite Great on Monday, and it's been highly enjoyable from the start. Thursday was quite a day for good news. I was (informally) offered a job, which, circumstances permitting, will be brilliant.

I also heard from my MA advisor that my dissertation is going to be published! The people who helped me out financially (those at the Harry Watson bursary)enjoyed reading it, and are going to publish it under the auspices of Norwich HEART. It will go online and in pamphlets. Once all is confirmed, I'll post a link on here for your delectation - it's really quite an undertaking though, I must warn you in advance.

So, in a nut shell, I'm one step closer to gainful employment and my academic pretensions are finally be recognised. A good week on Planet Joe.*

My soundtrack?
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Murder Ballads
Neil Young - After the Gold Rush
Sufjan Stevens - Come on! Feel the Illinoise!
Fleet Foxes - s/t

I haven't listened to Neutral Milk Hotel all week.

Bring on Match of the Day!

Jx

*Planet Joe is a wonderful book that I highly recommend.

No comments: