Monday 29 September 2008

Oh Mother, I can feel, the soil falling over my head.

It has finally come my attention I am utterly incapable of being creative. Now this would not have to be a problem, if I did not long to successfully express myself. Somehow, in some form.

I quickly learnt during my GCSE's I was fucking rubbish at art. Possibly due to my oafish tendencies and bear paws. Dexterity does not have my back. Sure, I could teach myself photoshop out of a book and become a graphic designer on myspace. But I am not a twat. I also lack ingenuity and ideas.

I have had a guitar for coming on to four years now, and I am utterly useless. I have very little theoretical knowledge other than a few chords. I can't even jam a few ideas in the hardcore punk stylee. I just cannot create when I have her in my hands. Maybe I should have lessons, but you cannot teach creativity. This puts me off.

So what about trying my hand at writing. I've tried that with this here blog. Dipping my toe in that magical sea of language. Only to start flapping like a cat in a bathtub. What a horrible similie. Its painful to write even the most simple entries. Serious.

I even stole the title of this post from our good friend Stephen Patrick.

The essence of this schtick is thus: I am totally mediocre and I will never leave my mark on this world. Most people at least reproduce another generation. I have however written this off as improbable.

I will however cut a deal with you. If you can stomach this illegible, unremarkable, piss poor version of story telling, I will keep it up. And God (Google) willing, this can be my meagre offerings of a legacy.

R x




Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments: